Review: Chosungah Wonder Juice : Sugar Juice


I have always been attracted to pretty, cute and aesthetically pleasing packaging, especially those that give Bad Gal/Hipster attitude vibe, and one of the brands that are known to do this is Chosungah 22. However, there weren’t a lot of their stuff sold in Malaysia, so I was pleased when I found the Wonder Juice sitting on SASA Clearance Rack at Mitsui. Did I tell you that I’m a sucker for everything toner, essence and lotion?



The Wonder Juices are marketed as all-in-one essence and a makeup prep, therefore you can cut your routine and just use the ‘Juice’ instead of toner, essence, and moisturizer before makeup. I got myself the Sugar Juice because brightening is my bee-knees, but they also have Berry, Mandarin and Peach (yummy). The ingredients listed for the Sugar Juice is as follows:

Water, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, PEG/PPG-17/6 Copolymer, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylyl Glycol, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Fruit Extract, Fragrance, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus (Camel Hay) Extract, Tromoethamine, Sodium Hyaluronate, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Flower Extract, Imperata Cylindrica ( Cogon Grass) Root Extract, Prunus Persica (Peach) Flower Extract, Potassium PCA, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Flower Extract, PEG-8, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Flower Extract, Prunus Avium (Sweet Cherry) Flower Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Flower Extract, Opuntia Ficus-Indica (Barbary Fig) Stem Extract, Carbomer, Potassium Sorbate, Saccharum Officinar (Sugar Cane) Extract - 0.3ppm

Key ingredient in Sugar Juice is the Berry Blossom Complex which are the various fruit tree flowers' extracts that are supposed to make the skin vibrant. Barbary Fig and Cogon Grass extracts are also said to be excellent in providing hydration to smoothen and refine skin texture, while the lemon, lime and camel hay is rich in vitamin C to brighten the skin tone. I don't understand the purpose of the sugar can extract though, and seeing how little it is in the product. The ingredients are okay with me, and almost all are low hazard (analyzed with cosdna).

It is housed in a cute glass jar with a screw aluminium lid, and the opening is a really tiny needle hole in the middle of the plastic cap. The hole helps tremendously in getting just the right amount on your palm, which is about 2-3 drops.

Can you see the tiny opening?


Texture-wise, it is very watery. Upon application you can feel the intense hydration it provides, and the scent is really nice too. It’s nothing overwhelming, I would likened the scent to apple + pear mixed juice. It does take a little while to absorb, so I’ll just pat it in (gently!) until it completely dries. It will leave your skin soft and smooth, and although it is not sticky or greasy, you can feel the slight emollient layer - perfect for a smooth makeup base.

Watery, but more viscose than water


 I found that if I layer this toner with more than 2-3 products it will get sticky, so it is really for a short AM routine. However, I do use the toner for a makeshift sheetmask or moisture pad (like the one Cosrx is selling). What I do is that I drench a few non-woven facial rounds with the toner and place it on my cheeks and sometimes forehead during my PM routine. The toner texture is like a watery sheetmask essence, so it does take a while for it to completely dry, therefore it’s perfect for this occasion.

Right hand, no product applied


Left hand, applied the essence before it dries completely.
Look at that chok-chok (plump and moist) finish! 



It’s been about a month since I use this toner, and I can say that I do like the Wonder Juice. I don’t see any brightening effect unfortunately, but for a hydrating toner and essence, it did an awesome job at it and more. I was able to cut my morning routine short and it is so so hydrating and smell wonderful. Kind of like a great pick me up in the morning. The price point however is pretty intimidating, so if this doesn’t go on sale or I do not have extra dough to splurge, I might not repurchase it. 

Available at Sasa for RM119 per bottle

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top