Sheetmasking: Forencos 7 Days Caviar Moisture Silk Mask Mini Review

I was alone last night so I thought that I should pamper myself by sheetmasking while watching Youtube beauty videos although I already had my dose of sheet mask in the morning. I sheet mask daily to begin with, and at this point I already know what I like and doesn't like and encountered my fair share of sheet masks. And I think I should have known that expensive doesn't mean that it will work wonders... (I guess you already know which direction I'm heading...)

Forencos new packaging feature Song Joong Ki on the packaging, and it might have been one of the reason I bought it (psst, it's the only reason!) Let me get this straight, I don't consider myself as someone who watch a lot of Korean drama. I am very particular with what I watch. I do not watch a drama just because it features someone really hot (although it does help) but it needs to be engaging, laced with comedy and have a really solid story line. One drama that has all that is Descendants of the Sun. I watched the first episode and totally hooked. It's like freaking Parks and Recreations days again. I can't stop thinking about it and all the what ifs. I'm obsessed. And so do few millions people in the world.

And thus, Song Joong Ki popularity goes straight up to the ceiling. Everyone wants to feature him. He's freaking everywhere. But one thing you have to admit, his skin is gorgeous. He's proud of his good skin. He said his secret is apples but we all know his derm is good (hook me up pls). And in the effort to look like him or at least look at his face while wishing so, come Forencos silk mask in the picture.

Hi there sexayy



The Forencos mask have 7 varieties, and you're supposed to wear each with its designated purpose for each day. I am poor and this mask is freaking expensive. It can cost from RM7 to RM14 depending on where did you get it. I guess it's because of the silk material (I'll touch more on that later). Therefore, I only get one which is the Caviar Moisture for Wednesday.

Upon tearing it open (the packaging is quite sturdy), the essence inside sprayed everywhere. I thought there's a lot of excess essence inside, but I was wrong. The silk mask is very very sturdy but clings on your face like a MF. I do appreciate that properties since God knows how many times I ripped my Naruko sheet mask trying to unfold and place it on my face. It fits well too, Not too big and not too small on my face. It even fits my big nose! Which might be not too good for those with small faces heh.

So sturdy but lightweight mask


After 10 minutes (I intended to go more, but bae want to video call >.<) I took it off and here comes the part where I hate the most. It's greasy. The problem with me is that I hate emollients. I know they're good for you, but I hate the feeling on my skin. The only emollient that I can tolerate is the Cosrx Overnight Honey Mask, but it is not my favorite because of the waxy feel it gives me. It's a bit sticky and after few minutes I just can't tolerate it anymore ad wash my face and say goodbye to those precious essence that haven't got the chance to help my skin.

Since I washed it out, I could not give a fair review of this mask. It does feel a little bit hydrated considering I forgot to put on my sleeping mask yesterday, so I will rate this average. The essence reminded me of Guerisson complex-9 essence that leaves the same waxy feel. If you have really dry skin, and okay with emollients (like slathering vaseline on your face (wut, you do you!)) this mask might be a godsend to you, but for me, I'll pass (even with Joong Ki bae on top).

Well, you're getting under my skin. Bye.

CONVERSATION

21 comments:

  1. Hahaha Song Joong Ki is indeed sexy, no wonder this face sheet mask is always sold-out :D I love sheet mask I use it daily before bedtime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you are really hardworking to sheet mask daily. I do it weekly, and that is if I remember to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow. the mask looks attractive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks good. how's the result after using? Any photo?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No photo sadly. There's not much discernible difference afterwards but I do feel a little plump the next morning

      Delete
  5. I saw the mask online but I never try on it. Love to try on this mask.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Was it really good? I'm afraid I wouldn't want to throwaway the packaging after using the masks though :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eh, it does work but for the price I think there's more affordable sheet mask out there. Even Savee 4D Honey Mask (RM1) and Sasatinie Olive mask (RM4) works as good as this mask IMO

      Delete
  7. Unfortunate to hear this didn't really work out for you but at least Song Joong Ki was there with you? haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. This mask is looking quite nice and hopefully results are equally good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am a fan of mask. but im am not a fan of kpop so the design doesn't really concern me hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks interesting. Do post results after you've used this for a longer period of time :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was contemplating buying these when I saw it in Myeong dong... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. the masks seem nice. will try them out next time

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah Korean actors don't attract me to buy their products ;p

    ReplyDelete
  14. I got one mask too! But I don't feel like using it as his face are too flawless to tear it XD

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like to use masks. Pampering and so relaxing. I think the one that you used is a good product.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I read so many good reviews about this brand, plan to give it a try as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks promising to try out, caviar sounds super fancy and expensive too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. the packaging already wins. i think many will wanna try this mask for sure. me included.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love any product which has the name Caviar in it. It just sounds more expensive and valuable.

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top