WTF Wednesday! : Lindsay's Modeling Mask Review and FAIL!



Happy Eid! Which is one of the reason I am using to not updating this blog for a week or so! :P

Today's WTF Wednesday would have been the first WTF Wednesday if I didn't FAIL so hard. I heard about the latest K-Beauty craze which is the Modeling Mask a couple of months ago. I saw the masks advertised in Hermo.my, but I didn't buy them then because of the price. They are around RM8-14 each, which is quite expensive for a single use item (the same reason I don't get on the hydrogel mask hype bandwagon, yet).








So when Hermo celebrates their 4th Anniversary a couple of weeks ago and had a crazy sale on these masks (RM1!), I grabbed them faster than you can curl your eyelashes. They had a policy of only one sale item per customer per day, so I could only get two masks (Calendula and Lavender) from my two orders from them.



I of course, researched and prepared for the D-day. Frankly I was so excited and determined to get it right on the first try, that I took an advice on the internet to use all the content at once (because you need the application to be thick). The cup came with a specially designed spatula to even out the application, and the mask is in powder form with tiny bits of orange substance floating around.



close up



To use the mask, just add water to the middle line and mix it up to a fairly smooth paste. The mask will look like a cake batter at this point.
cake batter  mask paste
This was where it went wrong. I was too distracted taking pictures and worrying if I got the right consistency and pushing my cat away from licking my face and the mask that the mask started to harden within 30 seconds and I only managed to get some bits on my face. The rest of the mask hardened in the cup and there were nothing I can do to salvage it. Cue disappointed face of a person who thought she had studied enough but the organic chem exam slayed them still. 

hardened in 30 secs. womp
 
meh


the culprit



For the next attempt, I divided the powder mask and only use half of it for safe bets. I pour some water to what I gauge to be halfway from the measuring "line", mix it as fast as I could and pour it all out on my face without really being neat about it. I guess half the fun is being messy with the mask. I managed to get everything on my face and I think I applied them quite thick and even. I waited around 20 minutes, scared my sister when she's walking into the room, and took some pictures. It didn't dry down like a mud/clay mask would but into a rubbery consistency which is actually quite fun to peel off.

yassss finally!


After 20 mins


time to peel!



Overall, my skin does feel a little bit cleaner, smoother and softer after wearing the mask, which makes it a nice treat for a weekly treatment. I guess now I know why it became a trend in Korea. If you don't mind splurging a bit and being a bit messy, read my list of tips while using the mask and give the modeling mask a try!




  • Work with the mask as fast as you can. There is no time for selfies and snapchats! Take pictures after you have them on, trust me!
  • Always a good idea to wear them in the bathroom because it drips everywhere before it sets.
  • Wear a hairband and avoid getting them on your hairline. Peeling the mask when it's not stuck on your hair is easier. Also little bits of dried mask in your hair is not cute and getting them out is quite annoying. 
  • Applying them thicker on the edge makes peeling the mask so much easier. 
  • Have fun! Getting messy is perfectly fine!
XoXo



CONVERSATION

24 comments:

  1. first try fail only... but 2nd try is good, looks so fun using this mask, will try it

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice . looks like the mask packaging looks interesting

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is interesting! Not sure if I have the patience to do it long term but sure won't mind trying it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many newstuff from Korea, how do I get to try them all.. hahahah. cos I really want to try all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks like some pretty interesting mask to try... huhuhu....thanks for the recommendation

    ReplyDelete
  6. good to see that it is easy to remove after use. looks good there!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Waa this looks quite fun to try!! hahaha Sometimes to looks prettier I don't mind the messy part XD

    ReplyDelete
  8. very different type of masks. lol. not sure i am adventurous enough

    ReplyDelete
  9. hehee, i didn't know masks can harden so quickly. oh well, lesson learnt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ok thanks for the infor, I shall do it fast so that i will not face the same problem.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is an interesting mask! Hardens like cement. Great that you got it at a cheaper price too

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lol. This sometimes happen with me also. But need to try one more time and then we actually see the effect.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow. Very different type of mask. Thanks for the review. Gonna try this soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. wah really can peel off like that, looks like it will be great to try this

    ReplyDelete
  15. Modeling mask looks very nice, does it remove blackheads as well.

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow...looks so good...would like to try it out!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Haha... naughty cat. This is pretty good and affordable too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. New mask for me. The price is reasonable . Will give a try on it

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is funny - I know the kind of cats that like to join in everything you do. Hehe

    ReplyDelete
  20. Interesting mask. Never tried before.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Interesting mask. Never tried before.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh no! I am sorry about the rest of the mask that has hardened. Oh well, lesson learned that next time have something to cover it up. =)

    | yvonnesowell.com |

    ReplyDelete
  23. I HAVE this one at home! will try it out soon after seeing your review :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. that mask looks pretty cool! :D
    Need to get one and try out soon

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top