Moist is the word: Neogence Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Essence Review

So as I mentioned before in one of my previous post, I received two full sized Neogence products from SaSa x Neogence DIY Essence Mask Workshop.




The products that I received were the Neogence Hyaluronic Acid Deeply Moisturizing Lotion and Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Essence. This two products are from the Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating series which has 15 different (!) products that are based on Hyaluronic Acid solely for hydrating purposes.

This Hyaluronic Acid (HA) Hydrating series claimed that the products will increase skin hydration and solve dry skin problems. Although the target is dry skin, the products are suitable for all skin types.

The packaging of the products are fairly simple and "medical' looking, which I guess is in line with Neogence image as a "lab-dermatological" skincare that uses simple ingredients (but then again 15 products in a skincare line is not that simple, is it?)

In each of the box, there is a flyer about the series, the claims and function of each product as well as the order of the product to be used on skin.



First up, the HA Hydrating Essence. I will review the Deeply Moisturizing Lotion in the next post.



Ingredients:

Aqua, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hyaluronic Acid, Butylene Glycol, Sodium PCA, Sodium Citrate, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, o-Cymen-5-OL, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, CItric Acid

Hazard level: White: 1; Yellow: 3-4, Safer ingredients have lower numbering

I like that the fact this product have mostly very safe ingredients. There is no harsh chemical and potential irritant, but still, it is very effective (spoiler!)

The essence is a bit almost similar as other essences in the market, not that watery and not that thick either. The essence is clear and have a light scent to it.

meet my hairy self. Is that water or tears? :P

The essence is dispensed through a dropper; classy and hygienic but a bit of a hassle. Also, it is only 20mL, my hands are not that big (or are they?). This size will probably last you up to 3 month if used on daily basis. For me, that's not bad at all.


As I said before, it is very effective. You can really feel the hydration on your skin upon using it. It also absorbs quite fast into the skin with no sticky feeling at all so you really don't need much effort to work it in.
I feel that the Innisfree Green Tea Seed Serum is less hydrating than this one, therefore I'm sticking to Innisfree one because my skin is quite normal. I am actually afraid of too much hyrdation. (is there such thing?) But, on those days when it is scorching hot or my skin feel like Sahara, Neogence serum is the way to go.

Neogence Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Acid costs RM89/20mL and available in Sasa's store



CONVERSATION

24 comments:

  1. Hyaluronic Acid is always very hydrating. Definitely better to check our skin type before using serums

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True! It can get oily/dry if you use the wrong one right? That's what I was thinking too

      Delete
  2. I have got the same products from their workshop too! I haven try it!Is it suitable to use before makeup? That's my main concern! hahaha><

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That workshop was fun! Looking at the ingredients it is probably safe, but when in doubt maybe do the patch test first :)

      Delete
  3. Interesting product....Will definitely check it out once I finish with my current products....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do! I had never heard of this brand before too and was surprised by the performance

      Delete
  4. heard about this brand before ! I using the same brand with you now which is the Innisfree green tea serum. It quite moisture my skin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that green tea seed serum too, it has nice light scent ;)

      Delete
  5. Never heard about this brand before but seem worth to give it a try =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, it is surprisingly good. If I didn't go to the Sasa workshop I will never discover this brand as well :)

      Delete
  6. Seems like it's a great product. Will share with my female friends about this :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. hydration is the key to youthful and radiant skin. would love to try out this product.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I will try this out after I finish my "It Skin" serum, this just seem can give my skin more moisture.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have dry skin around cheek area, I think I can go for this Hyaluronic Acid serum to boost up my moisture of my skin!

    ReplyDelete
  10. First time heard this brand!!! would like to try it out!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. HA Hyaluronic acid products are definitely great for the skin, always on the lookout for them in the ingredients

    ReplyDelete
  12. HA is like our bestfriend. Especially for dry skin for me. Am always looking out for new products to try. Gotta check this out in SASA!

    ReplyDelete
  13. good product. Our skin are our most important asset. Got to keep it hydrated all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This seems to be a good product and Hyaluronic acid products are very gentle on skin.

    ReplyDelete
  15. As long it do hydrate my skin, will hunt it down since I do survey a lot hydrating skincare products the most. Will check this out. ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  16. Totally agree! The product have to be moist and truly hydrating for a great skin.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Heard about this products but I have not try them yet.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I see this product before but never try it before. Will give a try on it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Interesting take on this product. Curious to find out more about this. Thx for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top