I MET CHARIS OW! : CHARISOWTV 2nd Channelversary




I finally met Charis Ow! Charis is a Malaysian youtuber and vlogger that mainly focuses on beauty and fashion, and recently she's on TLC for "Fun in Taiwan" series. I have to admit that I don't really follow Malaysian social media celebrities. I know a few, but I don't really know, know you know. I learned everything about beauty while studying in the US, therefore, I kinda missed out on all the local stars here. I found out about Charis while browsing Benefit Malaysia FB page, was so attracted to her style of vlogging and here I am, at her 2nd channelversary at Benefit Boutique, Sephora Starhill.



She is totally a humble and a charming person. She was so friendly and personally greeted me and my sister when we arrived (late 30 mins I tell you, heh). 

Benefit Boutique setup

Me and my sister in pink and denim

The boutique was half full by the time I got there, and you can tell that it's going to be a fun party there. There's a DJ, her other youtubers friends, awesome MOVISH photobooth, game stalls and the "light refreshments" spread. Where do I start with the tidbits? There were so good! The lamb kofta, the thai chicken skewer and the strawberry balsamic macarons were so awesome. Suffice to say we had few plates and were quite full (>.<)




While waiting for the party to officially start, people were already playing games that Benefit had set up. There were a blackjack table and wheel of fortune. The best thing was that you still will get something if you lose. I won the blackjack one and got a bigger deluxe sample, but lost the wheel of fortune one.

What I won plus extra goodies

I also met an instagram blogger @illiyaridzuan, go follow her for awesome review and tips!


Charis gave a heartfelt speech, and later the Benefit staffs surprised her with a special game where she had to guess which one is her boyfriend's brows blindfolded. As a "punishment", Daryll, her boyfriend had to "touch up" her brows using the new "Gimme Brow" brow gel. He actually did a pretty good job!


The new collection debuting this 23rd June



After the quiz session (me is sad because I'm standing at the back and some other people already answered the quiz), she cut the cakes, and took a group photo with us. My sis wanted to take more pictures with her but she was so busy (can't blame her lol) so after we got some refreshments we left. Before we bid goodbye, we got some extra goodies from Benefit. We actually felt bad that we didn't stay to eat the cake, but we had to go to somewhere else afterwards. Sorry Charis!





Overall, the party was a blast, and I really really wish her more success (although she's actually quite successful!) in the future and thank you for having me there!

If you haven't subscribe to her on youtube, go subscribe now!  


video




Here's a video that my sister shot there: 


video
Till then,
XOXO

CONVERSATION

23 comments:

  1. Awww! The event is so happening! I missed this not free on that day :/ Glad that you meet Charis Ow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a happening event u attended. i doesnt know of this :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. it sounds good that still will get something if lose in the game.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never heard about her but I will check her youtube. Great events :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes Charis is really very friendly! Great to see you had a great time

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes Charis is really very friendly! Great to see you had a great time

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I love her too, Charis is really awesome la :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. woah! I feel your excitement in meeting your favorite Youtuber and blogger in real life!

    ReplyDelete
  9. it seems like a nice party at Benefit! :D good to meet Charis in person too

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bestnya ! How come I didnt get the invitation ni T.T

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just met her last week. She is friendly in person. =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow nice event. wish i was there. T.T

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow ! She looks pretty ~ You are so lucky to attend her event ^^

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG I love her youtube videos very much! haha Too bad i was away for trip during that week. If not I will surely won't miss out this event!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like a great event and for you to have taken pictures with someone that you adored, that sums it all.

    ReplyDelete
  16. the party looks so pink and fun! Lovely event.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It is always nice to meet senior bloggers and learn from them. Fun event!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Charis looks young! Nice event at Benefit Boutique so you all enjoyed it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is my very first time to know her ^^"". Maybe it's time for me to know more about her stories.

    ReplyDelete
  20. never met her or heard of her before, will check her channel out.

    ReplyDelete
  21. ohh....I have not heard & know Charis OW before though until reading your post here...thanks for sharing & Charis looks so young. Cheers, siennylovesdrawing

    ReplyDelete
  22. To be frank, I don't know of any local YouTubers. I do watch videos but it's very random and according to my mood. I don't follow any personality. Thanks to your post, I at least know of the name Charis Ow now.

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top